In this episode of The ND Update we talk with Dr. James Wilson ND, DC, PhD about adrenal fatigue – what it is, and how to diagnose and treat it. Dr. Wilson brought the topic of adrenal fatigue into the mainstream with his book Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome which has sold over 400,000 copies. Dr. Wilson was also one of the founders of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and runs the adrenalfatigue.org website. Press play to learn more about:
- How to distinguish adrenal fatigue from other causes of fatigue
- The history of glandulars and why the pharmaceutical companies quit selling them in the 1930’s
- What to look for on physical exam
- Why you must start with and fix the basics first
- What you should add to water to treat the adrenals
- How to help a patient identify and eliminate stressors
- The right vitamins to supplement when treating the adrenals
- The connection between the thyroid and adrenal glands
- Adrenal supportive herbs
- The right way to eat when healing the adrenal glands
Email – scottf (at) icahealth.com for the adrenal fatigue questionnaire that Dr. Wilson talks about in the podcast.
One thought on “Adrenal Fatigue with Dr. James Wilson”
Wonderful interview. Appreciate the straight forward information, I’m a patient not a doctor so Dr. Wilson’s book was too much for me to understand, but listening to him talk & explain was great.
I have multiple imbalanced hormones and this is a drain on my adrenals, when I go to the doctor and say I please test my adrenal function some of them have laughed at me and said, no way you can be overweight and have high BP if you’re adrenals aren’t functioning. Now I know I can have a moderate adrenal problem…it’s not Addison’s or Cushing’s or you are OK, like the awful endos in the US tell you!